On April 28th, I had the pleasure of speaking on Breakfast Television this morning about the differences between the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and the Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS).
Updated: May 19, 2020
We ware entering uncharted territory together and many small business owners are worried about the future of their business and their ability to support their employees. We want to make sure that private company owners are aware of the assistance that is available to them, as well as their obligations during these trying times.
Raise your hand if…
• You wish there were more hours in the day to put into your business
• Running a business is your passion, but you’re spending more time on administration than you ever intended to
Today is a good day. Today the Conservatives announced that, if elected, they would:
- Reverse the ‘savings’ tax increases that Justin Trudeau and Bill Morneau (#eaueau) announced on July 18, 2017, that targeted private companies and their owners;
- Exempt spouses from the new, ambiguous TOSI rules;
- Take steps to address the administrative nightmare that is the Canada Revenue Agency;
- Cut federal regulations, by 25%, for small business owners over the next 4-years. Now, this is something;
- Eliminate two federal regulations for every new one adopted.