Currently, the risk posed by COVID-19 to our clients and our staff remains low, however, we can all help to protect our families, colleagues, friends, and our communities. The most effective measure to prevent the spread of the virus is social distancing.
As such, effective at the end-of-day today (March 12, 2020), all Achen Henderson staff will be working from home, and our physical office will be closed.
Our work for our clients will continue as normal. Every member of the Achen Henderson Team is set-up to work remotely and will be in constant connection with other team members and our valued clients. We are able to take this precautionary step because we already have the ability to work at 100% efficiency and effectiveness remotely.
All of our (fabulous) events will be hosted online until further notice.
NOTE: As of today, The Government of Canada has not announced any extensions on personal or corporate tax filing deadlines. The US announced that it will likely extend its personal tax filing deadline. We are not expecting that this extension will impact our operations or our services levels.
What exactly does this mean for you, our valued clients?
- Flatten the curve. Having our teamwork remotely will help to flatten the curve of the spread of COVID-19, ensuring that we are doing our part to protect our clients.
- In-office Meetings with Achen Henderson team members will be moved to online or over the phone.
- Signatures can easily be gathered electronically, via email or by fax (our fax # is 403-271-3770).
- Getting your tax returns back to you. We will do this as we always have, by sending a secure link containing your documents to your email address. When you want to discuss your taxes, we can meet online or over the phone.
- Tax filings are mostly done online, so no change is expected. For any returns that need to be paper-filed, we will still ensure that they get to the tax authorities on-time (subject to Canada Post availability).
- Paper document drop off: you can still drop off your paper at our office by sliding the paper under the door (instructions are posted on the door). We will email you by the end of the next business day to let you know that we’ve received your documents. ALTERNATIVELY: you can scan and upload your paper documents using the file drop off on our website (click here) or by attaching the documentation directly in your online personal tax checklist (which you received from us by email – click here to access the checklist). Don’t have a scanner? No problem. If you have a smartphone, here’s a list of several smartphone scanner apps, or you can slide your documents under our door.
- Our bills can be paid online by clicking the PAY NOW button at the top of any of our invoices.
As always, we are here whenever you need us, by phone 403-271-3106 or by email email@example.com
Thank you very much for helping us #FlattenTheCurve!
Clayton E. Achen, CPA, CA, TEP
Partner – Achen Henderson LLP